When it comes to family picture day, a lot of stress is typically associated with the days leading up to the session and the session itself. If you speak to anyone who has been for a session at Photo-times Photography they will tell you that I aim to have your session as stress-free, relaxed and fun as possible.
With being a family photographer, i'm here to help you relax and be prepared all at the same time, here are some handy tips for the lead up to your session at my Finedon photography studio.
1. Find the outfits you want to wear a month in advance and set them aside somewhere safe. Then try them on a week ahead of time to ensure everything still fits comfortably and that you didn’t miss any stains or holes that you couldn’t see until they were being worn (also bring a few spare options just incase there are any unexpected surprises).
2. As soon as your family changes out of their chosen photo attire, make sure it is clean and ironed ready for the big day. Set the clothes together (sorted by person) and place them somewhere free from harm and dirt. Be sure to tell everyone that these are the picture clothes and should not be worn until picture day. This will help ensure no clothes go missing.
Don’t, forget about shoes, jewellery, belts and other accessories.
3. About three to four days prior to the session, start talking with your family members about the session, what will happen and how they should behave. If you plan on using a bribe then now is a good time to set that in place, Continue to talk to your children daily to prepare them for the session.
4. Two days prior to the session, pack a bag of everything you will need on picture day, snacks, props, bribery etc and put it somewhere you can grab it and go. Be sure to include wipes in case things get messy, an extra hairbrush, and other ‘emergency’ items such as hair clips and a back up lipstick.
5. On the day of the session, make sure everyone is well fed, but no overfed. We don’t want anyone getting “hangry” (angry because they are so hungry) either. Do not get your family dressed in their photo clothes until after they have eaten, brushed their teeth. This will prevent spills and other messy accidents.
6. If you have young children, avoid any coloured drinks the day of the session until after we have finished. Also, get them to wear a bib if they drink anything on the way to the session to save their shirts from wet spots or stains.
7. Once you get to the session, try to relax. If you have set a bribe, please let me know so I can use that throughout the session if the children get restless. Just trust me and know that I will take care of things and will deliver amazing photos of your family. I am fully qualified and have been in business for nearly three years, with my skills and experience I will make it a lovely stress-free experience for you, resulting in the most amazing images that you can treasure forever.
If you haven't updated your family photography lately then I would love to welcome you into my gorgeous Finedon Photography Studio and capture all these special memories for you.
Please get in touch with the days and times that are best for you and we will check for availability. (slots are filling up super quickly at the moment so please don't delay).
Love Elise (your Finedon Family Photographer) xx