Pregnancy is a wonderfully special time in a persons life. A woman body goes through many changes as it protects and grows a new human being. As a photographer, and a woman who cannot have children; being able to capture the beautiful change that you're going though is a special privilege.
Every pregnancy is as unique as the tiny human being created, so being able to capture your pregnancy should be as special as the pregnancy itself, as all too often the memory of how you looked will fade in time.
Each session lasts approximately 1-2hrs where we will do a variety of images ranging from mum-2-be on her own, through to mum-2-be with her partner, & if baby already has siblings, they can be included in the session as well if you wish.
When is the best time to have a maternity session?
For expecting mums with a single child, a good time to do your maternity session is when you're around 30 – 36 weeks along. Your bump is full, but you are still comfortable to pose.
For expecting mums with twins (or more), come in earlier around 26 – 32 weeks as multiples tend to arrive much earlier than single babies.
What do I need to wear?
Wear whatever you feel comfortable and pretty in. I provide this list as a guide to help you:
* Neutral strapless bra and seamless underwear
* Black bra and panty set (for those black background belly shots)
* White/ivory bra and panty set (for those white background belly shots)
* Tube top or belly band
* Regular jeans (not maternity ones) and camisole top
* Buttoned shirt or blouse
* Long, flouncy or form-fitting dress (e.g. a summer maxi dress)
* Button up cardigan
* Men’s button ups top
* Coordinating outfits (for significant other/husband and/or children)
* Black &/or white turtle-neck top
* Any sentimental items (e.g. baby ultrasound image)
I have a variety of maternity wear specifically for photography at the studio.
Is there anything else I need to do?
I highly recommend professional makeup and hair.
Not only will this make your your images look even more amazing, you will feel beautiful & confident at your session. However, if it’s not in your budget, your I'm-off-out-on-a-really-hot-date makeup and hair is fine too.